ESL / English as a Second Language
EAL/ESL is a program for anyone who is learning English and adjusting to life in Canada.
Wednesday evenings from 7:00-9:00pm
- 7:00-8:00 We study with a textbook –grammar, culture, vocabulary, etc
- 8:00-9:00 English conversation
- Anyone can attend this class at anytime of the year.
- The classes are small. Usually no more than 5 people with one volunteer who speaks English as their first language.
- Language learners are placed according to their CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark). If you do not know your CLB, the program coordinator, Kendra, will place you in a class.
- There are classes for all ages: child, teenager, university student, and adult.
- There are also classes for all levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
Listening and Discussion classes
- These classes are on a different evening. These classes can be attended at different times of the year. Everyone is welcome, but the material is for higher level language learners.
For more information, please contact Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org