John 2:23-25 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
Many times we cry out for more of the Lord, for more of His power, for greater manifestations of Him. Could it be that since He knows our hearts that He also knows what this power and the manifestation of Himself, might do to us, so God holds back. Not that what He has to offer is not good, but that at this time in our life it would do more damage to us than it would do good to us. In His love He refrains, till we come to a greater level of maturity in Him and a greater level of humility that we might be able to properly use what He has for us.
- In Acts 8 Simon the sorcerer is not able to obtain the Holy Spirit because “You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.” Though there is much for us yet growth is necessary for us to receive all that He has.
- There are some things that our Lord gives freely, Salvation is such a free gift, but then there are other things of Himself that are held back for it is required that we first need to properly respond to what we have and then He will entrust more to us, of what He has for us.
- Lu 16:11 “Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?”
- Mt 25:21 “His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’”
- In Galatians 4 we are told that the heir as long as he is still at the maturity level of a child is no different than a slave, though he has the potential of being heir of all.
- God knows the hearts of all men, 1Sa 16:7; 1Ch 28:9; 29:17; Jer 17:9,10; Mt 9:4; Lu 16:30; Ac 1:24; Re 2:23 and He searches and looks for the upright of heart. (Jer 17:10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.)
Truly God searches our hearts and knows all about us. “He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Heb 11:6). Are we diligently seeking Him, have we done the necessary heart preparation of seeking Him so we can receive more from Him, even the next level of what He has for us?
Lord help us so that we don’t get in the way of what You truly want to give us and so that in a pure heart we can receive all that You have for us.