Bulletin Highlights: April 19/20/21
April 19 – Traditional Good Friday Service 10:25 am
- Message by Pastor Keith Eberhard
- Join us for a special, reflective, worship-filled Good Friday service with communion. Please note that KidzRock will not be available during this service.
April 20 – Saturday 5:25* pm & 7:25 pm
- Message by Pastor Mark Hughes
- Baby Rockz/Kidz Rock (Birth to Gr 4) — Check-in begins Saturday at 5:00 pm* (no KidzRock for 7:25 pm service; self-serve nursery only)
- Collide (Gr 5&6) — Check-in begins Saturday at 5:00 pm* (no Collide for 7:25 pm service)
April 21 – Sunday 9:25 am & 11:25 am
- Message by Pastor Mark Hughes
- Baby Rockz/Kidz Rock (Birth to Gr 4) — Check-in begins Sunday at 9:00 am & 11:00 am
- Collide (Gr 5&6) — Check-in begins Sunday at 9:00 am & 11:00 am. Meet in the Youth Room following the show.
TUESDAY – April 23
- Corporate Prayer — 9:30 am April Prayer Focus: Salvations. Please join us in the Prayer Room. Everyone welcome!
- EAL/ESL: English Classes — 7:00-8:30 pm Classes are open to all who are learning English and adjusting to life in Canada. Childcare provided. For more information, please contact Kendra at email@example.com. Sign in at the concierge desk in the foyer.
- Safe Families Canada Dessert Fundraiser — 7:00 pm Safe Families Canada is a ministry that empowers churches to care for children in need. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-891-6234.
WEDNESDAY – April 24
- Women of Worth — 9:30-11:15 am This ladies group meets weekly for worship and small groups. Ladies of all ages are welcome! Childcare is provided for a nominal fee.
- Celebrate Recovery® — 7:00 pm A Christ-centered recovery program for every hurt, hang-up or habit. Everyone welcome. We will meet in room A2.
- Transformations: Ministering Healing — 7:00 pm These four sessions are about understanding the Biblical perspective of physical healing and practical ways of ministering this to others. No cost. Please pre-register at churchoftherock.ca/transformations. Meet in the Theatre.
- Threshold Jr (Grade 6-8) — Gargon, Part 2. We turn off all the lights in the church and get chased by a monster! We start LiveFree (taught by our own students). You won’t want to miss it!
THURSDAY – April 25
- Picking up the Pieces — Thurs, April 25, 7:00 pm This 6 – week women’s care group will support you through your separation or divorce.Cost: $20. For more info or to register visit churchoftherock.ca/marriage or contact email@example.com.
FRIDAY – April 26
- High School Ministry (Grade 9-12) — 5:30 pm-Sun, April 28, 3:30 pm Camp Arnes Retreat. Cost: $160 ($85 for those that were at the fundraiser). Registration deadline is April 21. Download forms here: churchoftherock.ca/hsm-forms/. Meet at COTR April 26, 5:30 pm. Pick up at COTR April 28, 3:30 pm. Retreat registrations required.
Monthly Prayer Focus:
- Marriage on the Rock — Sat, April 27, 7:00 pm This condensed 6 – week video series is for married couples. Leading marriage authority Jimmy Evans discusses practical real-life challenges and offers easy to understand solutions. Cost: $20/Couple. Visit churchoftherock.ca/marriage or for more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Babysitting is provided.
- Newcomers Lunch — Sun, April 28, 1:00 pm Following the second service. If you are new to the church and have never attended a Newcomers Lunch. No registration required. We will meet in the Theatre.
- Power and Praise — Tues, April 30, 7:30 pm Everyone welcome! Draw near to God with your praise and experience His power as the Holy Spirit leads. Unable to attend? Join us online at churchoftherock.live
- Church Camp Priority Booking — Early booking opportunity for 3-nights of Church Camp begins Wed, May 1 at noon;
2-night bookings begin Mon, May 6 at noon; all bookings available Wed, May 8 at noon. Visit churchoftherock.ca/CAMP
- Foundations of the Rock — Wed, May 1, 7:30 pm This 6-week course is a great way to connect with a small group of people, as well as an opportunity to learn about the core values of COTR. Sign up at Guest Services.
- High Tea Women’s Event — Thurs, May 2, 6:30 pm Join us for an evening of tea, dainties, games and more! Purchase your tickets online at churchoftherock.ca/sign-up. Cost: $15.
- GriefShare — Thurs, May 2, 7:00 pm It hurts to lose someone. Find help at GriefShare. You don’t have to go through the
grieving process alone. For more info or to sign up visit churchoftherock.ca/griefshare.
- FOCAS: (Singles Ages 30+) — Sat, May 4, 7:00 pm Guest speakers Isaac and Larissa Bueckert join us to share their experiences as long-term singles and describe how working through these challenges while single has translated into their relationship now. Cost: FREE. RSVP by Wednesday, May 1st to email@example.com
- Discovery — Sun, May 5, 11:00 am-12:30 pm Explore what it means to be in relationship with Jesus. No cost! FREE Bible. Meet in room A3. Drop by or for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Together For Good Marriage Workshop — Sat, May 25, 9:00 am-3:30 pm Visit churchoftherock.ca/marriage for more details. Cost: $40/couple.