Bulletin Highlights: November 10-16
November 9/10 – Saturday 5:25 pm & Sunday 9:25 am & 11:25 am
- Message by Pastor Keith Eberhard
- Operation Christmas Child — Shoe boxes are due back by Sunday, November 10th.
MONDAY- November 11
- Church Office and Building Closure In observance of Remembrance Day, the Church Office and building will be closed.
- Celebrate Recovery® — 7:00 pm A Christ-centered recovery program for every hurt, hang-up or habit. Everyone welcome. We will meet in room A2. Coffee is ready for 6:30 pm.
TUESDAY – November 12
- Corporate Prayer — 9:30 am November Prayer Focus: Justice System & Armed Forces. Please join us in the Prayer Room. Everyone welcome!
WEDNESDAY – November 13
- Women of Worth — 9:30-11:15 am This is a ladies group that seeks to provide spiritual growth for women of all ages. This group also provides child care for pre-school age children (for a nominal fee).
- Threshold Jr (Grade 6-8) — 7:00-9:00 pm Just Dance! Dance like no one is watching, except. We are watching! Show off your dancing skills and win a prize! We continue our series called ‘Stronger’!
THURSDAY – November 14
- GriefShare — 7:00 pm It hurts to lose someone. Find help at GriefShare. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. For more info or to sign up visit churchoftherock.ca/griefshare. Room A5.
- EAL/ESL (English Classes) — 7:00 pm Classes are open to all who are learning English and adjusting to life in Canada. Meet in room A1.
FRIDAY – November 15
- High School Ministry (Grade 6-12) — 7:00-10:00 pm BIGGEST youth conference in Manitoba: .204 Youth Conference! Sleepover is a possibility upon sign-up! Sign-up by emailing back! The conference will go until Saturday 4:00 pm if we have enough sign-ups. Let’s praise and worship Jesus together! Saturday Cost: $20.
SATURDAY – November 16
- Foundations of the Rock Class — 2 Saturdays, (and Nov 23), 9:30 am -2:00 pm This weekend course is a great way to connect with a small group of people, as well as an opportunity to learn about the core values of COTR. Sign up at Guest Services or online at churchoftherock/signup. We will meet in room A5.
- FOCAS: (Singles Ages 30+) — 7:00 pm FREE Evening Conference: “Can you hear me now?” Guest speakers Pastor Aubrey and Eileen Krahn join us to share and discuss a journey in learning to hear God and practical steps. Coffee and tea provided. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed, Nov 13th.
Monthly Prayer Focus:
1. Justice System & Armed Forces
2. Remembrance Day
- Discovery — Sun, Nov 17, 11:00 am-12:30 pm Discovering God’s Plan for Your Life! This 4-lesson class is designed for those who want to explore what a relationship with Jesus is all about, for newer Christians who want help to grow on their spiritual journey, and for anyone who wants a closer relationship with Christ. No cost! FREE Bible. Drop by or for more info email email@example.com
- Threshold Jr (Grade 6-8) — Wed, Nov 20, 7:00-9:00 pm Talent Show! Show us your hidden talents! It can be as simple as singing or dancing or making your eyebrows dance. We finish our series ‘Stronger’!
- Engage Young Adults (Ages 18-30) — Thurs, Nov 21, 7:30 pm Crafts for Christmas! We’re fundraising support for young adults missions by selling Cookie Jars, but first we have to make them! Join us in the Youth Room to put together these jars. They’ll be filled with dry ingredients for cookies and then sold in December. We will also be watching a Christmas movie and saying thank you for helping with some sweet treats.
- Blood Donor Clinic — Fri, Nov 22, 10:30 am-2:30 pm This is an opportunity to save lives! Please eat before donating and bring identification bearing full name and signature OR full name and photo.
- High School Ministry (Grade 9-12) — Fri, Nov 22, 7:00-10:00 pm Talent Show! It can be as simple as solving a rubik’s cube, beatboxing, singing or dancing! It’s your chance to show us your cool and amazing talents!
- Power and Praise — Tues, Nov 26, 7:30 pm Everyone welcome! Draw near to God with your praise and experience His power as the Holy Spirit leads. Unable to attend? Join us online at churchoftherock.live
- Women’s Event — Thurs, Nov 28, 6:30-8:30 pm Join us for our Christmas Puzzle Challenge. Purchase tickets online at churchoftherock.ca/signup or visit us at Guest Services for tickets and more information.
- Leaders Meeting (All Campuses) — Tues, Dec 3, 7:30 pm All confirmed leaders are required to attend this monthly meeting.
- Christmas Banquet (ages 16+) — Thurs, Dec 5, 6:30 pm Enjoy a sit-down dinner with comedian Matt Falk. Tickets are available online at churchoftherock.ca/christmas or through the Church Office. Cost: $30/person.
- Church of the Rock Employment Opportunity — Church of the Rock is looking to hire a full time IT person to maintain computers and servers. Previous experience working on servers recommended. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume that lists job experience.
- Part Time Custodial Position Available — We are looking for a friendly face to join our custodial team. Responsibilities will include cleaning, room set up, etc., up to 25 hours per week. Please contact James at (204) 261-0070 or email@example.com for more information.
- Ministry Contacts — More information available online at churchoftherock.ca/ministries.