Bulletin Highlights: January 26-Feb 1
January 26/27 – Saturday 5:25 pm & Sunday 9:25 am & 11:25 am
- Message by Pastor Keith Eberhard
- Lost and Found Table — Please pick up your lost items across from Guest Services along the wall.
- Elevate Worship Night (Young Adults 18-30) — 7:00 pm It’s the first Elevate of 2020 and we’re excited to continue our “Take Me Higher” series from Isaiah 40:31. We’re tackling part three of this verse as one of our young adult leaders share their experience with running without growing weary. See you in the Youth Room!
MONDAY- January 27
- Celebrate Recovery® — 7:00 pm A Christ-centered recovery program for every hurt, hang-up or habit. Everyone welcome. We will meet in the Chapel. Coffee is ready for 6:30 pm.
TUESDAY – January 28
- Corporate Prayer — 9:30 am January Prayer Focus: Missions. Please join us in the Prayer Room. Everyone welcome!
WEDNESDAY – January 29
- Women of Worth — 9:30-11:15 am This is a ladies group that seeks to provide spiritual growth for women of all ages. This group also provides child care for pre-school age children (for a nominal fee). Meet in the Theatre.
- Threshold Jr (Grade 6-8) — 7:00 pm Dodgeball! Let’s hand out and get moving with dodgeball! We’ll also be finishing our ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ series!
THURSDAY – January 30
- EAL/ESL (English Classes) — 7:00 pm English classes for adults and youth. There are lessons for beginner to advanced English learners along with IELTS preparation. Childcare is provided. Meet in room A1.
- Foundations of the Rock — 7:30 pm This week we will be studying Lesson 4. If you have missed this class in the past, please join us in room A5.
FRIDAY – January 31
- High School Ministry (Grade 9-12) — 7:10 pm Nerf Wars! Valentine’s Game show and finishing our series called ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’.
Monthly Prayer Focus:
- Adult Water Baptism Class — Mon, Feb 3, 7:30 pm If you have an interest in being Water Baptized, this class is a prerequisite. We will cover the basic beliefs about Water Baptism as well as what it means in your ongoing journey with Christ. Baptism to take place the weekend of Feb 14/15. Sign up online at churchoftherock.ca/baptism or at Guest Services.
- MP3 Program (Young Adults 17-30) — Feb 3-May 3, 2019 Give God 3 months to change your life! Join the MP3 Program and serve God through church ministry and missions. Pick up an application form at Guest Services or visit churchoftherock.ca/mp3 for more info.
- Missionfest Manitoba — Fri-Sun, Feb 7-9 There are approximately 130 exhibitors at Church of the Rock for this year’s Missionfest. For details, visit missionfestmanitoba.org. To volunteer for COTR Missionfest visit churchoftherock.ca/missions
- Saturday Service Time Change — Sat, Feb 8, 7:00 pm We will be joining Missionfest Manitoba for their 7:00pm Service in lieu of our regular service. Come hear guest speaker Nik Ripken (Global Missiologists, International Mission Board, Southern Baptist Convention).
- Leaders Meeting — Tues, Feb 11, 7:30 pm All confirmed leaders are required to attend this monthly meeting.
- Marriage Courses
- Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage — Sat, Feb 15, 1:00-3:00 pm Improve your marriage and reduce marital problems with Mark Gungor. His humor makes his teaching enjoyable, effective and memorable, helping husbands and wives remember these insights and immediately put them to work. Six afternoons. Cost: $20 per couple. Weekly until March 28. Childcare available. Sign up online at churchoftherock.ca/marriage or at Guest Services.
- Making Marriage Work — Sat, Feb 15, 7:00-9:00 pm Has your marriage hit a bump in the road? Come and invest 4 nights for the most important relationship in your life. Cost: $20/couple. Weekly until March 7th. No childcare available. Sign up online at churchoftherock.ca/marriage or at Guest Services.
- Power and Praise — Tues, Feb 18, 7:30 pm Everyone welcome! Draw near to God with your praise and experience His power as the Holy Spirit leads. Unable to attend? Join us online at churchoftherock.live
- FOCAS: (Singles Ages 30+) — Sat, Feb 22, 7:00 pm Free Video Conference: ’When Dreams Die’. What do you do when your dreams die? Why does God allow that to happen? Phil Vischer, the creator of VeggieTales, shares his journey of wild success to bankruptcy, and what God taught him as his dream fell apart. RSVP by February 19th to email@example.com.
- Pie Auction — Sat/Sun, Feb 29/March 1 Do you have a creative flare? Do you enjoy baking? Why not create a masterpiece cake, pie or other delicious treat to have auctioned off at our annual Pie Auction? Funds raised go to support the spread of the gospel in the 10/40 window.
- Ministry Contacts — More information available online at churchoftherock.ca/ministries.