Bulletin Highlights: Sept 22/23
Sept 22/23 — Saturday Service 5:25 pm & Sunday Services 9:25 am & 11:25 am
- Message by Pastor Mark Hughes
- Give Meme the Pizza – Engage Kickoff — 1:00 pm Join us in the Youth Room for FREE PIZZA! What do you Meme? Come find out about Engage Young Adults, meet our home group leaders, and see how you can get involved this year. We can’t wait to have you out as you try and Name that Meme with a friend.
MONDAY – September 24
- Picking up the Pieces — 7:00-9:00 pm This 6-week women’s care group will support you through your separation or divorce.
Cost: $20. For more info or to register visit churchoftherock.ca/marriage or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Meet in room A3.
- “Propel” Women’s Small Group — 7:00-9:00 pm Personal Leadership Series for women of all ages and stages. Join us for this 6-week video-based discussion group as we learn about leading ourselves and others in our daily lives in order to fulfill our God-given purpose and potential. Contact Ruth-Ann or Debbie (email@example.com) for more information or to register. We will meet in room A4.
TUESDAY – September 25
- Corporate Prayer — 9:30 am September Prayer Focus: Church Ministries. All are welcome! Join us in the Prayer Room.
WEDNESDAY – September 26
- Women of Worth — 9:30-11:15 am This ladies group meets weekly for worship and small groups. Ladies of all ages are welcome! Childcare is provided for a nominal fee. We will meet in the Theatre.
- Threshold Jr (starting Grade 6-8) — 7:00-9:00 pm Game Show! We love playing games for prizes so come down to see it!
- Celebrate Recovery® — 7:00 pm A Christ-centered recovery program for every hurt, hang-up or habit. Everyone welcome. We will meet in room A2.
- Foundations of the Rock — 7:30 pm This week we will be studying Lesson 2. If you have missed this class in the past, please join us. We will meet in room A5.
THURSDAY – September 27
- Engage Young Adults (Ages 18-30) — 7:30 pm Let’s roast some s’mores! Join us at St. Vital Park, South of the parking lot by the volleyball courts. We’ll provide the s’more supplies but feel free to bring your own snacks, sports equipment and chair for around the fire.
FRIDAY – September 28
- High School Ministry (Grade 9-12) — 7:11-10:00 pm LARP! Live action role play with foam swords. Epic fun—you’ll feel like you’re in the new Pirate movie!
Monthly Prayer Focus
- Adult Water Baptism — Sat/Sun, Sept 29/30 Did you miss the last baptism opportunities? We will be having another baptism the weekend of Sept 29/30. To find out more about the purpose for baptism, come to the next adult water baptism class on Monday, Sept 17, 7:30 pm or listen to Pastor Mark’s message Dead Men Tell No Tales (August 12, 2018). Sign up for the next baptism at the Info Centre or online at churchoftherock.ca/baptism
- Time 4 Us: At the Movies — Sat, Sept 29, 7:00 pm Time 4 Us is an evening out for married couples. Cost: FREE. Childcare provided for ages 2-11. To register your children, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leaders Meeting — Tues, Oct 9, 7:30 pm All confirmed leaders are required to attend this monthly meeting.
- Marriage on the Rock — Sat, Oct 13, 7:00-9:00 pm This is a 7-week video series for married couples only. Cost: $20/Couple. To register, visit churchoftherock.ca/marriage or email Pastor Steve at email@example.com.
- Life in the Spirit — Sun, Oct 14, 11:00 am Ignite your life by an encounter with the Holy Spirit like you have never experienced before. Meet in room A2. Drop by or for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child Dedication Class — Mon, Oct 15, 7:00-9:00 pm Dedication: Sun, Oct 28, 10:00 am. For more info contact Alfie or Gwen at 204.261.0070.
- Community English Class — Tues, Oct 16, 7:00-9:00 pm English classes for adults, youth and children. There are lessons for beginner to advanced English learners. Meet in room A3. Watch next week’s bulletin insert for more info.
- Operation Christmas Child Wanted! Volunteers to hand out Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes before and after services beginning Oct 15 to Nov 11. For more info contact Sue Korstrom at email@example.com or call 204-736-4772.