Bulletin Highlights: February 24-March 2
February 24 — Sunday Service 10:25 am
- Message by Pastor Mark Hughes
- Foundations — every Sunday until March 17, 9:00 – 10:00 am Meet in the boardroom. These classes are a great way to learn about Church of the Rock’s core values and beliefs. It is also a great way to connect with others new to the church.
- 40 Days of Prayer — Feb 9-March 22 If you have not yet signed up for a 40 days of prayer group, please visit the Resource Centre. To sign up online or view the daily prayer videos, visit churchoftherock.ca/40pray
MONDAY – February 25
- Celebrate Recovery® — 7:00 pm A Christ-centered recovery program for every hurt, hang-up or habit. Everyone welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Meet at the Deer Lodge Community Center (323 Bruce Ave).
TUESDAY – February 26
- Free Community Seminar — 7:00-9:00 pm Toward A Culture of Sexual Integrity. This community forum will provide an update on sex education and introduce a process (and systematic plan) for the church and parents to: engage the facts (Biblical vision for sex), know what is in the school curriculum, positively navigate this difficult issue in our culture, empower our children to make healthy, biblically-aligned choices and protect our generational and spiritual heritage. A freewill offering will be taken. For more info contact Kathy at email@example.com.
- Leaders Meeting — Tues, March 12, 7:00 pm All confirmed leaders are required to attend this monthly meeting.
- Calling All Musicians & Vocalists — Thurs, March 14, 6:00 pm We will be hosting an information/audition night, for anyone looking to get involved, or looking for more information about getting involved, on the WWC worship team.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Power and Praise (at Winnipeg South Campus) — Tues, March 19, 7:30 pm Everyone welcome! Draw near to God with your praise and experience His power as the Holy Spirit leads. If you are not able to attend, please join us online at churchoftherock.live
- FOCAS: Escape Rooms (Singles Ages 30+) — Sat, March 23, 6:30 pm Do you have what it takes to escape? An escape room is a real-life game experience where you and your group are put in a mysterious room surrounded by skill-testing puzzles. You have one hour to solve and escape the room using logic, skill, speed, and teamwork! Meet us at The Real Escape (3137 Portage Ave) where we have 3 escape rooms booked. Cost is $20/person. Spots limited. RSVP to email@example.com by Wed, March 20.
- Pie Auction — Sun, April 14 Join us as we raise funds to support the spread of the gospel in the 10/40 window. To volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Praise Reports We would love to hear how God is answering your prayers (praise reports), as we step out and learn more about how our prayer life is effecting change in the world around us, as well as in our own personal lives.
- Safe Families Canada — Safe Families Canada is a ministry that empowers churches to care for children in need with an unprecedented movement of compassion aimed at reducing child abuse and abandonment. Details at churchoftherock.ca/safe-families or email email@example.com
- Marriage Mentoring Initiative — Become a Mentor, Be Mentored. Visit the Resource Centre for more information or to sign up.
FEBRUARY PRAYER FOCUS:
Pray for marriages and relationships. “whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble” 1 John 2:10