Reaching Around the World
Church of the Rock places a high priority on Missions as part of Christ’s command to go into all the world and make disciples. We have an annual “Pie Auction” event to raise money for specific projects, but the generosity of our people is evident through ongoing giving and response to needs as they arise.
2023 – “A Few Dollars More!”
This year Church of the Rock is going to match each dollar donated (up to $500,000) to Missions in the 10/40 Window & Beyond, making it our goal is to send $1 million to international missions in 2023. (See below for our involvement in missions nationally and locally as well.) Money raised from this year’s Pie Auction as well as donations throughout the remainder of the year to the 10/40 Window & Beyond missions fund will be included in this matching program for 2023.
Our Projects in the 10/40 Window & Beyond
- Unreached Peoples – $200,000 for five Bible translation projects
- India (2)
- Guinea Bissau (1)
- Nepal (1)
- Cameroon (1)
- Ethiopia – $73,000 for national evangelistic outreach
- El Salvador – $50,000 for Bibles for prison population
- India – $50,000 for mini crusades
- Brazil – $40,000 for river boat to provide medical care, evangelism & discipleship along Purus River
- Uganda – $40,000 for medical clinics
- Ukraine – $30,000 for outreach in Ukraine
- Sudan – $30,000 for outreach & support of refugees in Sudan
- International Justice Mission – $25,000 for combating human trafficking worldwide
- Indonesia – $25,000 for social media evangelistic outreach
- Ukraine – $25,000 for military Bibles
- India – $23,000 for widows sewing project
- Ethiopia & Somaliland – $20,000 for soccer outreach & training
- Afghanistan – $20,000 for radio ministry
- Philippines – $20,000 (project TBD)
- Southwest Asia – $20,000 for Bible Translation Project
- Serbia – $12,000 for Gypsy village outreach
- West Africa – $12,000 for Bible translation
- China – $10,000 for Bibles for new believers
- Cuba – $10,000 for national pastor/chaplain support
- India – $10,000 to provide motorcycles for national pastors and church planters
- Iran – $10,000 for discipleship of church leaders
- Malaysia – $10,000 for training for church planters
- Jordan – $10,000 for training for church planters
- Tunisia – $10,000 for training for church planters
- Uganda – $10,000 for roof project
Online Giving Instructions for 10/40 Window & Beyond!
In Matthew 28, Jesus spoke to his followers and challenged them to be outward focused. Their mandate was to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing the new followers and teaching them to obey everything that Jesus had commanded them. God’s people are to go into the world, bringing the good news of Jesus and implementing change through evangelism and the making of disciples.
Church of the Rock fulfills this mission in a variety of ways. Using many facets of ministry, we endeavour to connect with the people around us so that we can bring God’s perspective, hope and life. All followers of Jesus, at least on an individual basis, are to engage with the lives and culture around them.
To augment this, Church of the Rock often sends teams to minister alongside local indigenous leaders, encouraging these leaders and then working as a group to proclaim the good news of Jesus to those around them. Ministering to people of other ethnicity, language or economic status may not be easy, but we constantly see that God richly works as we engage with those outside our comfort zone—and He also changes the team members at the same time.
In addition to the team members, there are many people locally who volunteer in Missions by collecting and sorting donated items and creating craft kits to send with the team, as well as helping with fundraisers and awareness. Maybe you would like to get involved too? Join our Missions Support Team and get on the call list for when needs arise.
Partnering with Missions Organizations
Because the mission field is great, we often partner with other organizations who already have a proven effective ministry in touching the lives of others by providing resources, people and finances.
Some of the local ministries which Church of the Rock partners with are:
- House of Hesed
- Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Family Support Centre of Winnipeg
- Youth For Christ
- Living Bible Explorers
- Teen Challenge
- Journey Canada
- Chai Immigrant Centre
- Give the Word (Equip Canada)
- Niverville Helping Hands
- St. Aidan’s Christian School
- Our Daily Bread
- Niverville Health & Community Foundation
Some of the national and international ministries which Church of the Rock works with are:
- OneBook Canada
- Empower Ministries
- Frontiers Canada
- Operation Mobilization
- World Focus Inc.
- Africa Renewal Ministries
- International Justice Mission
- Tear Fund
- International Christian Mission services
- WEC International
- Voice of the Martyrs
- Touch of Grace
- Christian Legal Fellowship
- Africa Inland Mission
- Hungry for Life International
- The Great Commission Foundation
In addition to regular ongoing missions giving, we hold special fundraising events like our annual “Pie Auction”, craft sales, etc., to provide an assortment of opportunities for Christians to give financially to the mission of sharing the message about Jesus to the world.
For more info, contact the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org / 204-261-0070