Thank you for being part of the ministry of Church of the Rock!
You can be confident that each gift that you give here at Church Online, no matter how big or small, goes directly toward our mission of leading people to Christ. Your generosity plays a part in every story of life change that happens here!
Online Giving Log in to Give
Our online giving portal gives you access to the following features:
- submit individual donations using a credit card
- schedule recurring giving
- view and print contribution statements
Questions? Go to ONLINE GIVING FAQ
2020 Donation Receipts
2020 Donation Receipts are in process and will be mailed out by Friday, FEB 19, 2021. You can view a summary of your 2020 donations by logging into online giving. Click on the History tab, change the year to 2020, and click View. Your summary appears on screen or you can click Download Statement to save or print (NOTE: the summary on that page is not in the official donation receipt format receipt by CRA).
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
What are Tithes and Offerings?
Each week when we are together for our services, we pause to take up an offering – and many give using our app or donating here online in the same way.
As an act of worship, we regularly return to the Lord a portion of our income for the work of His kingdom through our local church. The divine guiding principle for giving, as seen in the Scriptures, is the tithe (ten percent). An offering is what we voluntarily give to the Lord above and beyond the tithe. (You can learn more about this at our Foundations course.)
Regardless of the method or schedule each individual uses to submit their donation, that moment is part of declaring together that our giving is in obedience and thankfulness to God for His overwhelming generosity toward us.
Designated Giving Policy:
Each restricted contribution designated toward Church of the Rock approved programs or projects will be used as designated with the understanding that when any given need has been met or cannot be completed for any reason, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where needed most.
Please note that receiving and spending of funds is confined to approved programs and projects.
Supporting Specific Missions Projects
Once inside Online Giving, under “Give to…” select “Missions Int’l Project Donation” and then the specific project
Mission Trip Support
You can be part of making it possible for a team to go on a mission trip! For general details about the current trips, please visit our Missions Trip App.
*To access personalized trip fundraising pages, please ask for the links directly from the individual team members.
Place cash or cheque inside an offering envelope with the form filled out. Baskets are passed during the service and there are designated drop slots for other times.
At Guest Services (on weekends – also known as the Welcome Centre) or at the church office (weekdays) you can access a payment terminal to process a debit or credit card transaction.
IMPORTANT: Interac e-transfers are ONLY accepted for TITHE donations.
- Log in to your online banking and send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include the following in the message/memo section of your e-transfer (space is limited):
- Full Name
- Your Email address OR phone number
- Your Street Address
- The Campus Code (see list below)); if no campus is indicated, it will be recorded as Winnipeg South
- WSC = Winnipeg South Campus
- BPC = Bronx Park Campus
- NEC = North End Campus
- NVC = Niverville Campus
- OLC = Online Church
- TV = Television Program
- Your donation receipt will be issued in the name you provide in the memo/message section. If your name is not included, we may not be able to issue you a donation receipt.
- No security question/answer is required; our email is set up with auto-deposit to the church bank account. If you are asked for a security question, double check the spelling of our email address: email@example.com
- If you do not have enough space in the memo/message section for your information, please send a separate email with your e-transfer details and the requested information.
- NOTE: Financial institutions have different e-transfer processes, some may charge fees or include an option to set up a recurring e-transfer. Please contact your financial institution for more details.
If you wish to send a cheque in the mail, please write your cheque to: “Church of the Rock” and be sure that we are also receiving your full name and address for tax receipting purposes.
Our mailing address is:
Church of the Rock
1397 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg MB R3T 1L6
Pre-Authorized Automatic Donations
- You can easily create a recurring schedule in Online Giving that will
bill your credit card each week, bi-weekly or monthly as desired.
- To set up a monthly bank account withdrawal, please contact the church office for a permission form.
When you make the decision to leave a Planned Gift to Church of the Rock, you will help assure the continual financial health of the church and its programs. There are several ways you can provide a planned gift, including bequests through a will, life insurance, RRSPs & RRIFs, and gifts of securities.